Digital Readiness stands for the capability of Metro to deliver outstanding digital solutions on a global scale instantaneously. Customer Data Management (CDM) is the fundament of the new Customer Master Data Management solution.
You will be part of a distributed team of technical experts focused on developing the new Metro solution for managing customer information for multichannel services. As a software development engineer you will develop full stack applications that will enable real-time access to reliable customer information for all customer facing channels. You will leverage the newest technology stacks to build modern distributed systems used worldwide by Metro customers.
Successful candidates will be innovative, passionate, flexible and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Has experience in developing large-scale distributed systems
- Is comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Will focus on lowering the time between having ideas and making stuff happen
The skills you'll need:
- Fluency in Java acquired in 2+ years of development experience. Experience with Spring is highly desired.
- Scala knowledge
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience of working with “NoSQL” solutions such as Cassandra.
- Experience building REST APIs, using JSON and Swagger You will definitely get our interest if you:
- Have experience/knowledge of microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes;
- Are familiar with real-time data streaming and processing technologies like akka, Spark, Kafka.
- You’re a great fit for us if you:
- Have the ability to communicate with users and other technical teams;
- Have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive; Have a good sense of humor;
- Are always thinking, “What happens if this fails?”.
- Can work independently and is self-motivated but thrives as part of a team;
- Have a good command of English